Holiday decorations are coming down, schools have started back up (so much for light traffic), and the days are getting noticeably longer. Another year over, a new one just begun. But before we get too deep into 2019, we wanted to take look back to 2018.
2018 was a great year for Incapsulate – our best yet – and gives us much to look forward to in 2019. Among the highlights:
- We continue to expand globally, opening up an office in Hyderabad to complement our existing locations in Washington DC, Boston, and Ahmedabad. The addition of Hyderabad significantly expands our offshore delivery and product engineering capabilities.
- We relocated (and expanded) our Boston office to meet our growing needs in the Northeast. You can now find our New England team (go Patriots!) at 142 Berkeley Street, which is the same building the Pledge of Allegiance was written in.
- We welcomed over 70 new staff to Incapsulate, many of whom were referred by our existing employees. Nothing makes us prouder than creating a place that people want to bring their friends and former colleagues into.
- We became a Salesforce Gold partner, a huge milestone for a company of our size. And we may have more exciting news on that front shortly.
- We expanded our product line, adding a Licensing & Inspections Capsule to complement our industry-leading 311 Capsule. The Licensing & Inspections Capsule digitizes application, review, and approval processes across a broad spectrum of license and permit types – ranging from code compliance to occupational, recreational, and business licensing. Fully configurable by business users, the Licensing & Inspections Capsule removes the need for costly development to adapt to changing regulations and evolving business needs.
- And speaking of our 311 Capsule, we went live in a number of cities. You can read about one (Dallas) here. We’re also continuing to add features. Look for Artificial Intelligence (AI) based capabilities soon – including image recognition to automatically detect issues, voice assistants and conversational interfaces, and intelligent routing to streamline workflow.
- We got out and about a lot in 2018. We sponsored CRM conferences in Tampa and Denver, sent a team to Dreamforce in San Francisco, and hit the circuit in India as well. It was great to connect with our customers, partners, and of course, as always, to see old friends and make new ones.
- We were especially honored to present at Dreamforce. We shared our work helping John Hancock build best-in-class Customer Portals using Salesforce-based components. You can view our presentation here.
- We celebrated the best part of our company – our people – at Summer and Holiday events in Boston and Washington. And our entire India-based team had a great off-site on the beach in Goa.
All in all, 2018 was our best year yet. But we are excited about even bigger things to come in 2019, some of which we’ve talked about here – others we can’t talk about quite yet, so stay tuned!